Saturday, November 12, 2011

"when my birthday is over I will be three"







My Sweet, Sweet Baby Boy

I guess you are no longer my baby boy, but my little man that just won't stop growing. You are the sweetest thing ever. You are constantly saying sorry to me. You say sorry when I have to change your diaper, you say sorry when you spill a little milk from your cereal in the morning, you say sorry when you are trying to get me and I playfully say stop you are hurting me.

You are the cutest little guy too. When ever you have an idea that you think is better than mine you say "how about that?" with your head turned ever so slightly and in a little voice that I have to say yes too. You know how to get what you want by turning on the charm.

Every night when I tuck you into bed you say "I need a hug, and just a little kiss ok, not a big one ok mom." Then you proceed to ask me if I will get you bone (milk) and cereal in the morning. Oh how you love cereal. You would eat cereal for every meal if I would let you. When ever I am making dinner and you ask what I am doing and I say "I am making dinner" with out fail you respond "me no like dinner!! I like cereal." But to no avail you get dinner and true to your word you don't eat it. You don't even try it. If we are lucky we can bribe you to try it and then you gag and cry and reaffirm that in fact you do not like dinner. I have to make sure to put some sort of fruit on your plate for dinner or you would totally starve. I have had many friends tell me that a child will not allow themselves to go hungry. I bed to differ. You do every night. You still like to drink your bone out of a sippy, but of late your sippy has been missing (your fault, not mine). You seem to have forgotten the rule that when you are done you are supposed to put it on the counter. So for the last to days, heaven help us, you have had your bone in a cup. You still ask for your sippy and you have a solution for you to be able to drink bone from a sippy. You tell me I need to go to Wal-mart and buy you a new one. I am anxious to see how many days this will go on. You will probably win. If we can't find your old sippy in a day or two I can see myself buying you a new one. Your sad, sad eyes in the morning when you ask for your bone and I tell you you have to have it in a cup are getting to me.

We tried potty training you just two days ago. Note the key word "tried." Yes, you are back in diapers and much happier. You did really well the first day and had only one accident the whole day. Then day two came along and you wanted nothing to do with the potty. I offered the diaper back and you gladly accepted. Now we are both happier. You still didn't really have any accidents you just didn't go at all. You would say that you needed to, we would go into the bathroom and then nothing. You silly silly boy.

Trevin you are super smart and you use your smartness on your parents daily. When you want to be held you say that you are little or small. When you want to go outside and play by yourself you are a huge boy. The other night when it was time for bed dad gave you hugs and kisses then I took you upstairs to tuck you in. You were all tucked in then you said to me "I be right back I need to give dad hugs and kisses." Dad hears this and yells upstairs, "I already gave you hugs and kisses." Which you kindly and ever so smartly say "yep, but I didn't give you hugs and kisses." You got us there and you were allowed to go back downstairs to give hugs and kisses.

You have CRAZY hair!! If we cut it too short than it sticks up everywhere and it looks like we didn't do it. If we grow it out long then it sticks up everywhere and it looks like we didn't do it. So for about three days of of the month your hair looks like your mom cares even though she does your hair every day. (I wanted that in writing so when you look back on your pictures you know that I tried). No matter what your hair looks like though you are still cute!!!

We love you so much and are so blessed to have you in our home. You bring love and laughter on a daily basis. Have a great day buddy.

P.S. For your birthday dinner you get CEREAL!!!

Love you lots

Love,

Mom

No comments: